Random Observations from a Four-Day Weekend of WoW
November 30, 2008 by Khaeli
- I wish I had an AOE. (3 more levels!) Our guild ran a very bloobie Kara this afternoon, primarily to get some achievements for the death knights (and shadowpriest!) among us who'd never done the zone before. Two of the raid were 80, and their AOEs made it so I could barely cast a spell on trash mobs before they were dead — let alone let my DoTs tick for any damage. On bosses, I was fourth on the parse (behind an 80 moonkin, an 80 Blood DK, and a 75 rogue). On trash, I was last. QQ
- I don't mind healing when K- is tanking. When guildies drag me into zones that with orange- and red-con mobs, have a non-tank-specced-DK tank and then the aggrowhore Moonkin says "Heal me!", I get frustrated. (Again with the QQ, I know I know). I was looking at Disc specs, but now I think I'll just stick with being a shitty healer.
- LOL @ Lonsdale, who for some reason decided to follow Kaleyen and Khæli across the Howling Fjord map ganking us repeatedly. Better get your shots in now, kiddo. Because once we can land spells on you (in perhaps 1 or 2 levels), our "/laugh" emote will be over your corpse. But nice bubble hearth when I trained you to the guards at Westgarde Keep. And thanks for reminding me that I absolutely have to write a chapter in Khæli's story about why she despises paladins.
- Only 30ish skill-ups til I get my flying carpet. Screw the guildies that want me to level to make them bags. But thanks for the frostweave! *cough*
- Caution: Completing the Friend or Fowl achievement turns all neutral mobs hostile. One very angry turkey followed Kaleyen back to Ebon Hold. My insisting we do this achievement constitutes Reason 412 why K- gets to be group leader and I get to /follow.
- This expansion has exceeded all my expectations. Granted, I say this after questing in one zone and running three instances. But still. The number of innovative quests continues to astound me. (Favorites thus far include the holy bubble that sears through undead in the catacombs near Valgarde and riding the harpoon back to the docks at Valgarde.) And I really do feel as though the Scourge Invasion, alongside the ongoing lore of the quest series, has helped me immerse myself in WotLK in ways no other MMO expansion has ever managed to do.