“Gee, this isn’t like I imagined it would be in the bathtub.” — Dianne Wiest, Best Supporting Actress, Hannah and Her Sisters (1987)
His Holiness, the Dueg, has bestowed a Blog Award upon me. In lieu of accepting, I was going to send Sacheen Littlefeather to register my objection to such awards when Discipline Priests remain so maligned and misrepresented on the healing meters. But Sacheen was busy, and hell, I feel like soaking up the adulation. I was in the midst of prepping a guide to casting Power Infusion — the who/when/why/how sorta thing. But it’s far more fun to write an acceptance speech about me me me than to write about how to make a Mage look good on the damage charts.
/sucks in her belly and pushes out her boobs.
/smiles and waves on the Red Carpet.
/hopes she can remember the name of her Designer.
/shadowmelds to avoid Gary Busey.
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends.
Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
- I can raise my right eyebrow quizzically but, despite trying to train the muscles, can’t seem to get the left eyebrow to do so.
- I have six tattoos, which helps feed my delusion that I’m incredibly badass.
- Growing up, my family owned a small grocery store, and I have bad memories of watching sides of beef being unloaded from the trucks.
- My mom is from England, but fortunately, I didn’t inherit the genes for horrible British teeth.
- I have been interviewed several times by news organizations as the foremost academic expert on the politics of pie-throwing.
- K- likes it when I talk to him in Russian. I need to brush up on my skills as while he finds it incredibly hot to hear the language, my two years of studying the language leaves me saying not just “You have a sexy mouth” but things like “Excuse me, where is the library?” And “I would like to order the chicken and the green beans. Thank you.”
- I know far too much pop culture trivia, and while I think about trying out for game-shows, inevitably I’d end up getting math or sports questions.
- I wear Doc Martens almost every day. See #2.
- I know it’s corny as hell to say, but K- truly is the love of my life, and I never thought I could be so happy.
- I am incredibly hungry right now, and I think after I publish this entry that I’m going to go get a bagel with egg, sausage and cheddar cheese.
More Blog Awesomeness (And this is a repeat award for some of these folks, I’m certain):
- World of Matticus
- Misery – a shadow priest blog
- Violaceous Mana
- Pugnacious Priest
- World of Snarkcraft
- The Egotistical Priest
- Startin’ A Ruckus